Sunday, February 10, 2013

Arnold vs. Sly


Before


After 





Although it's 2013, I had Deja Vu earlier this year when 80s action icons Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger released new films a few weeks a part. On Jan. 18 Schwarzenegger's newest action extravaganza "The Last Stand" opened to decent reviews and on Feb. 1, Stallone debuted his newest film, "Bullet to the Head," which opened to not so decent reviews. 

Both films weren't great, but out of the two, I enjoyed "Bullet to the Head" better because it was darker and more serious than "The Last Stand,"plus it had Christian Slater hotting and hollering and a pretty convincing bad guy played by Jason Momoa. The film got an extra bonus for bringing Sarah Shahi (sooo hot!!!) into the mix. 

I expected to enjoy "The Last Stand" more because it was the first american film for director Jee-woon Kim, who made the ridiculously good "I Saw The Devil," but I was disappointed. Not only does the old man Schwarzenegger stick grow thin quick, but Johnny Knoxville irritated me throughout. If you're nostalgic for the 80s, then check both of these out... but if you only choose, I'd take a bullet from Stallone.


"The Last Stand" - 2 stars
Rated R, 107 minutes

"Bullet to the Head"- 3 stars
Rated R, 92 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment