Saturday, March 9, 2013

Moving to Washington Day 2

Wow, that was a long ass day!!! We drove for almost 13 hours but we ended up in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Driving through the mountains in both Montana and Idaho was not that fun, but the weather cooperated and I got through with no snow/rain. There's a lot of places to stop in wyoming/montana, but I was more focused on driving than snapping pics... although I still shot a few. I skipped Devil's Tower and Yellowstone as I was focused on making it Idaho and both of those intersting stops was well out of the way. Tomorrow I hopefully make it Bellingham, Washington and begin the job search. Followed by stops in Seattle, Portland and Eugene. I'll probably throw a few things throughout the week - cool pics, funny observations, etc - so stay tuned... One more thing, the bars here in Coeur d'Alene only serve beer and wine, no liquor?!? I'm not sure if that is a state thing or not, but either way it kind of sucks.


We're not in Iowa anymore...



It was way far away, but at the top of the continental divide in Butte, Montana is the Our Lady of the Rockies. According to Wikipedia it's 90 feet tall and is the second tallest statue in the U.S. behind the Statue of Liberty. I had no idea what it was, I just thought it was cool. I wish I had a better camera with a high powered lens.



Someday I wish I could live in the hills...

 
The best thing I saw all day... Almost to my new home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment